Spring Valley fish oil is one of the popular brands of a powerful health supplement that is of special interest to pregnant women.
Do you know that taking fish oil supplements during pregnancy offers several health benefits? If you answered no, then you will certainly want to go through this article. Nearly all mothers know about the benefits of taking folic acid during pregnancy, very few know the benefits of taking omega III fish oil supplements. This write-up will talk about the numerous advantages of taking Spring Valley fish oil supplement while pregnant.
1. Researches have indicated that children, whose mothers had consumed fish oil supplement while pregnant, have excellent comprehension skills. Also, the vocabulary and average phrase length is exceptional when compared to other kids.
2. Fish oil consumption helps lower triglyceride levels which otherwise can result in cardiovascular ailments. Omega 3 essential fatty acids (EFAs) make the platelets of the blood less sticky as well as protect the linings of the artery from clogging.
3. Taking Spring Valley fish oil during pregnancy helps to reduce blood pressure. In addition, the oil helps decrease your risk of developing secondary and primary heart problems. This is also true when you are not pregnant.
4. It has been established that babies who have greater amounts of omega 3 fatty acids within their cord blood have better eye and hand coordination. Also, it has been observed that babies within the womb that have sufficient quantities of omega 3, show better general development; also they show better attention spans as well as better visual keenness than those infants whose mothers had lesser amounts of omega 3.
5. Insufficient consumption of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) by an expectant mother can cause her to lose up to three percent of her brain mass within the final trimester of pregnancy. This is because the DHA and EPA stored within her brain will be transferred to her unborn child. Spring Valley fish oil contains both DHA and EPA.
6. Aside from supporting the health of the child as well as that of the mother, the use of fish oil supplements during pregnancy also decreases the likelihood of premature delivery, pre-eclampsia and pre-term labor.
If you are an expectant mother, make sure you speak with doctor before you start taking any type of supplement. Generally, doctors recommend two hundred and fifty milligrams of omega 3 daily for pregnant ladies, particularly during the last trimester. Insufficient consumption of omega 3 fatty acids can be dangerous for the mother as well as the baby. The consumption of Spring Valley fish oil offers lasting benefits.
While any brand of fish oil will deliver health benefits when taken regularly, there are some very real dangers with certain methods of formulation of these supplements. To enable you to make informed choices, we have made available a short special report which outlines the deciding factors for choosing a brand of fish oil, and you can read it here.